Sony Corporation will commercialize its new Digital TV (DTV) Tuner Module (comprising the SMT-EW100 series) designed for mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, automotive infotainment systems, navigation systems and PCs. This high performance DTV tuner module boasts the world’s smallest size and superior reception as well as extremely low power consumption, making it an optimal candidate for inclusion into mobile devices.
The tuner module supports various types of digital terrestrial TV broadcast systems, including DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-T2 Lite, ISDB-T and ISDB-Tmm. Sony will offer, along with the SMT-EW100 series tuner module, the antenna, software and technical support as well. Provided with this total solution package, manufacturers of mobile devices will be able to easily incorporate a DTV feature into their products. The shipment of SMT-EW100 will start in May 2015.
Key Features of the SMT-EW100 Series
- The world’s smallest size: 6.9 mm x 6.9 mm x 1.0 mm (incl. Filter, Crystal)
- Supports DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-T2 Lite, ISDB-T, ISDB-Tmm
- Low power consumption: under 200 mW
- Multi-Interface Data: TS, SPI, SDIO Control: I2C, SPI, SDIO
- Comes as part of a total solution package that includes the module, antenna, software, and technical support
- Supplied together with the Android driver package
- ASEAN & Middle East (DVB-T/T2)
- Europe (DVB-T/T2)
- Africa (DVB-T/T2)
- South America (ISDB-T)
- Japan (ISDB-T/Tmm)